I’m writing my next book – working title: Permission to Prosper: How to Actually Make Money When You’re Self-Employed – and I want your help. I’d love to hear about your experiences with money as you endeavor to start and grow your business.
The motivation behind the book is that too few people are earning a good income doing work they love. I intend to get down and dirty with the most important interactions we have with money as self-employed men and women.
I plan to cover:
- How to set your prices, stand confidently behind them and not drop them
- How to raise your prices
- How to publicise your prices and talk about them with prospective clients
- The logistics of how to actually charge and receive money
- How to pay money forward
My hypotheses are works in progress – I find we discover what we believe through the process of writing – but here are some strong contenders:
- Our relationship with money affects our ability to go and stay self-employed.
- Choosing the path of self-employment can help transform our relationship with money.
- Our ability to earn good money relates to our sense of self-worth and willingness to receive.
- When we find peace with a solid self-employed income, we can do more good work. By allowing ourselves to earn more, our gifts more abundantly benefit others.
With an outline in place and 25,000 words already written, the key missing ingredient is YOU. I want to hear your specific experiences with money on the self-employment path.
One piece of feedback about the previous book was how helpful people found the examples of real-life practitioners, so there are two options for sharing your experiences and perspectives with me:
- Complete the short SurveyMonkey questionnaire here > >
- Answer the questionnaire more publicly (and create/join the discussion) by leaving a comment below. Here are the two key questions I’d love you to explore…
1) Earning a healthy income through self-employment – what BLOCKS have you encountered? Please give specifics e.g. “I was at a networking events and….”, “As I tried to set my prices, I felt…”, “But when we got to the sales conversation, I…” or “The people around me/who I’d trained with said…”
2) What specific experiences have HELPED, HEALED or EVOLVED your relationship with money? e.g. “I had a session with _____ about _____ which helped me to…”, “I read about ______ which changed my perspective because…”, “During the conversation, I realized that…” or “Over time, I’ve noticed…”
Thanks so much in advance for your responses, whichever option you choose. And a massive thank you to those who’ve already completed the questionnaire; your responses have been incredibly valuable and have helped me give shape to the book.
Want to receive alerts about these blog posts to your inbox, plus hear about special offers? Subscribe to my free newsletter here.
© Corrina Gordon-Barnes 2012